Highlining In Lublin

I recently returned home from Lublin, Poland, where I was once again taking part in, and volunteering at, the 35th European Juggling Convention. This is was my 3rd visit to an EJC and they never disappoint; this year it was the timing of the EJC with an annual Urban Highlining Festival, that made it a must on my calendar.
I've been slacklining for about 4-5 yrs, generally in my local park and always starting from the ground and simply stepping up onto the line, so I was anticipating the excitement and nervousness as I attempted something new.

So I tried skylining for the first time, and the only thing that stopped me from falling on my ass was the fact there was no ground there to fall onto. Only a safety harness attached to the highline. As i bobbed up and down, hanging there in mid air, it occured to me that slack/high/sky lining is a lot like trying to make a big change to your lifestyle. The first step can be incredibly daunting, and things don't always work out as you'd expect. Even when you think you're sufficiently prepared.
So you fail. Big deal! Failing is part of learning, and it may even be the most important part. So fail often, learn WHY you failed, then try again. Next time you'll fail better, and eventually you'll succeed.

Now get out there and so some failing!

Related:
Slacking in Munich Olympic Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? All opinions are welcome. Thanks for contributing, lets keep it respectful...